Monday, January 31, 2011

Nessa settles in


Nessa has been hanging out at the Hound Hotel for a couple of days now and pretty much has the daily routine down. It took her all of one day to master the stairs, and now she goes up and down them like an old pro. She is a superbly behaved hound and she has the full run of the house already. She doesn't need a crate and she always wants to be near the family. She is a very loyal companion who will be a welcome addition to any family, providing you don't have small animals. When she came here, we were told that she had been a great racer at the track. I looked up her record, and she sure was. She was quite the pro athlete in her day. Nessa and I spent the evening last night spinning stories of our former athletic greatness. She told me about the time she came up on the inside rail, kicking dirt in the boy's faces, laughing her way to victory. I told her about the time I sank the three-pointer at the final buzzer to win the state championship. Okay, okay, I never sank a three-pointer at the buzzer, but I guy can dream can't he? Shaq or Peyton Manning probably won't be hanging out at your house, but Nessa is one pro athlete who would be happy to hang out with you every day. If you would like to meet Nessa and relive your glory days, please contact Denise Davis.

No comments: